Choosing a Competent, Caring Firm for Funeral and Cremation in Battlefield, MO
In 1989, the Wood family along with the DeGraffenreid family established a funeral home which is eventually named Walnut Lawn Funeral Home, Ltd. DeGraffenreid-Wood-Crematory. Walnut Lawn Funeral Home, Ltd. DeGraffenreid-Wood-Crematory is a distinguished funeral home and cremations service provider serving families in Battlefield, MO. We have worked hard since then to make our home a safe and welcoming place for people to gather in memory and celebration of lives well lived. Our experienced team is dedicated to this vision and works hard to ensure that your time with us is as memorable and uplifting as possible. To know more about our funeral home and cremations services make sure to call us at (417) 886-6127 or visit us at 2001 W Walnut Lawn St, Springfield, MO 65807.
As an inevitable part of life, loss by death is something we will each face. However, just because it is common and eventual does not make it easy. Every loss is significant. The end-of-life arrangements you select will allow you to say goodbye in a meaningful way. When planning for funeral and cremation in Battlefield, MO, you will need the services of a compassionate and competent provider.
Walnut Lawn Funeral Home, Ltd. DeGraffenreid-Wood-Crematory is that provider. With more than 30 years of serving the community in this capacity, the Wood and Degraffenreid families have the expertise to guide you along at this challenging time. Our funeral professionals have impeccable references and a long string of satisfied customers. You only have one opportunity to lay your loved one to rest. Don’t hire just anyone - hire experience you can trust. We believe your tender moments need tender care.
A Full-Service Provider for Funeral and Cremation in Battlefield, MO
Walnut Lawn Funeral Home, Ltd. DeGraffenreid-Wood-Crematory offers a full panel of services for funeral and cremation. Funeral services will be tailored to each family's individual desires and needs. A funeral service is a traditional service that has been recognized and utilized from generation to generation. Our complete funeral package can accommodate the following ceremonies:
- Traditional services, with or without a visitation and viewing before the honoring ceremony. This often ends with burial in a cemetery.
- Graveside service is typically held at the burial site, with close family and friends present and staying through interment.
- Traditional funeral service followed by cremation can also be chosen if desired.
- Direct or Immediate burial is an option where there is not a connected public service or gathering. In some cases, a memorial service may be held at a future date.
- Military and veteran services are supported to honor those who have served their country.
The on-site crematory was added to our facility in 2013. This allows us greater flexibility and greater control of the process when offering cremation services. Since your loved one never leaves our oversight, we can guarantee the process with our rigorous protocols and standard of care. It can be helpful to remember that cremation does not exclude the possibility of a full funeral service.
After the funeral services are complete, instead of transferring to a cemetery for interment, the remains can be cremated prior to the final disposition. In this way, funeral and cremation in Battlefield, MO, can be paired together for a complete supportive experience. Our cremation service package includes options for the following:
- Direct or simple cremation. Like direct burial, this option does not involve a connected public gathering or event.
- Cremation with memorial service can be held at a venue of your choosing, including our funeral home or the cemetery.
- Traditional funeral service followed by cremation (includes a rental casket).
As a full-service provider, we can also help you with the selection of necessary merchandise. Essential needed items such as caskets, burial vaults, urns, etc., all have a good variety. Our team has also curated things that are nice to have, such as thumbprint or cremation jewelry, and other keepsake offerings.
Special Perks for Veterans
As mandated by law, our military honoring services are free of charge. Eligibility will be confirmed with the veteran’s DD-214 or honorable discharge paperwork. Our team will respectfully support veteran cremation or traditional veteran burial packages according to the selection chosen. The playing of taps and the folding and presentation of the American flag with honor guard detail are standard services.
It is also possible to have the casket draped with the U.S.flag, as well as a three-volley rifle salute at the graveside. There are many benefits available through the US Department of Veteran’s Affairs. We can connect you and help you communicate with that department to access these services as if they are desired. It is our great honor to do just a small part to honor these heroes!
Livestream Services to Connect Loved Ones
We are pleased to be able to support livestream services for our patrons and their guests. Global travel restrictions and public health conditions are just a few reasons there may be a need to help loved ones near and far connect virtually. Please let us know if you have this need, and we can make recommendations and accommodations to include a virtual audience.
Contact Us for Next Steps
When making a plan for funeral and cremation in Battlefield, MO, connect with us at Walnut Lawn Funeral Home, Ltd. DeGraffenreid-Wood-Crematory. Our welcoming location can be accessed at 2001 W Walnut Lawn St, Springfield, MO 65807. Call us at (417) 886-6127. We are available for immediate needs.
Funeral & Cremation FAQs
How much does Social Security pay for funeral expenses?
- Usually, you and your partner will set aside up to $1,500 each for burial expenses. In most instances, this money would not be considered a Supplemental Security Income resource (SSI). Learn more.
Are prepaid funeral plans worth it?
- A pre-plan funeral plan is not for everyone. If you've got the funds to pay for a funeral plan right now, it could be a good idea for you. The major bonus of paying for your funeral now is that if rates increase in the future, your funeral plan is safe against inflation. Learn More.
How do you handle a funeral arrangement?
- Contact the legal representative of the deceased.
- Choose a funeral home.
- Choose a style of layout.
- Choose a form of operation.
- Choose the venue of the funeral service.
- Find and schedule a member of the priesthood or an officer.
- Choose the casket.
- Choose a burial container and/or a vault.
- Learn more.