Selecting a Reputable Funeral Home for Funeral and Cremation in Republic, MO
Walnut Lawn Funeral Home, Ltd. DeGraffenreid-Wood-Crematory is a dignified funeral home and cremation service provider serving our community in Republic, MO. In 1989, the Wood family along with the DeGraffenreid family established our very own funeral home, Walnut Lawn Funeral Home, Ltd. DeGraffenreid-Wood-Crematory. Since then, we have worked tirelessly to make our home a safe and comforting place to meet in remembrance and celebration of lives well lived. Our experienced team is committed to this vision and works tirelessly to make your time with us as memorable and uplifting as possible. To know more about our funeral home and cremations services make sure to call us at (417) 886-6127 or visit us at 2001 W Walnut Lawn St, Springfield, MO 65807.
At a time of grief and pain, even minor decisions can feel overwhelming. That is one reason why selecting a reputable, full-service funeral home can help. Choosing a seasoned, comprehensive provider for funeral and cremation in Republic, MO, brings an extra layer of peace of mind. With all of the services you might need to be offered in-house, it can cut down on coordination of services and additional decision making.
The experienced team at Walnut Lawn Funeral Home, Ltd. DeGraffenreid-Wood-Crematory is ready to help. With decades of professionalism in the industry, they have a keen understanding of what works and what does not. They can help guide and support you through the process of these decisions with wisdom and compassion. With skillful knowledge, they will help streamline the process and create a goodbye you will be pleased with.
This event is not something you can do-over at a later time. Because of this, it becomes vital to pair yourself with a competent and professional firm. We are committed to transparent pricing and keeping a broad selection of needed merchandise and services available to our clients. Our highly trained staff will help you feel tenderly supported in these tender moments.
Comprehensive Services Offered for Funeral and Cremation in Republic, MO
Options for traditional full funeral services and more modern, alternative style services will be supported at Walnut Lawn Funeral Home. It all comes down to our client’s preferences. For full funeral service packages, we can tailor the services to fit the following ceremony types:
- Traditional funeral services, including an open casket viewing or visitation meeting if desired.
- Graveside services are generally short services held with a small gathering at the burial site. During the service, the casket will be interred.
- A traditional funeral with a cremation ceremony following the service.
- Immediate or direct burial means there will not be a public service connected with the interment of the deceased.
- Military and veteran ceremonies will be offered for those who are eligible.
The Degraffenreid-Wood Crematory side of our services was added to our onsite facilities in 2013. We have been delighted to offer these cremation services directly to our customers. Having total control of the process means we can more effectively guarantee your loved one's security and respectful care.
Please remember that cremation as a means for final disposition does not exclude the possibility of a funeral. If a funeral is desired, the remains will be transferred to our crematory instead of being entombed at the close of the services. It can be a very healing experience for the bereaved loved ones to have a full funeral. If funeral and cremation in Republic, MO, are being selected, we are with you through the entire process.
Our cremation services package can be adapted for various circumstances, including:
- Simple, direct cremation services. As with direct burial, this typically does not include a public honoring service.
- Cremation with memorial service is often held after the cremation takes place. The venue can vary, but our funeral home is certainly an option for the location of the service.
- Traditional funeral service with cremation following. As discussed above, these can be combined. The cost of a rented casket is included in this package option.
Our team is pleased to offer keepsake memorabilia that can be ordered as arrangements are made. One offer we have available is cremation jewelry. This can be an excellent way to keep a small part of your loved one nearby in the years to come. Also available are tribute videos and slideshows that can be used as part of your service as well.
Consistent with MO law, all of our military and veteran services will be given free of charge. Please have the deceased serviceman or woman’s DD-214 or their honorable discharge paperwork available to verify eligibility. All qualifying servicemen and women will, at minimum, receive the following:
- Honor guard detail
- The playing of taps by bugle or recording
- Final folding and presentation of the US flag to the designated family member
Other services that may be available include:
- The draping of the casket with the American flag
- Three rounds of rifle volleys that represent duty, honor, and country
- The final salute
Honoring veterans and grieving is an important part of our country's history. Let us take time to honor those who have served this nation in times gone by as well as grieve with them if they are experiencing loss due the death or departure from service members at home community sites like military bases where services are carried out during regular hours on days set aside just for these types activities. The US Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) also has extensive benefits for veterans and their families. We will gladly assist you in getting connected with this department to learn more.
Reach Out to Set Up an Arrangement Conference
When you require funeral and cremation services in Republic, MO, look no further than Walnut Lawn Funeral Home, Ltd. DeGraffenreid-Wood-Crematory. Centrally located at 2001 W Walnut Lawn St, Springfield, MO 65807, we are available at all hours for immediate needs. Call (417) 886-6127 to speak with a compassionate professional today.
Funeral & Cremation FAQs
What happens at a celebration of life?
- A celebration of life service is an occasion for family and friends to pay tribute to a loved one and say farewell in a uniquely personal way. By organizing a celebration of life after the remains have been taken care of, you will ensure that you organize an event that represents the life of your loved one. Learn More.
What support is available to someone who is grieving?
- If you can't think of anything to say, just give eye contact, a hand touch, or a comforting embrace. Offer your encouragement to me. Ask yourself what you can do for the mourning individual. Offer to assist with a particular mission, such as assisting with funeral arrangements, or just hang out with it or sob on it as a shoulder. Learn More.
What should you not do at a funeral?
- Don't be too late.
- Don't dress up for a club, a picnic or a beach.
- Don't let the phone ring, chime, or ding.
- Don't email, surf, or otherwise stick to your cellphone.
- Don't forget the intent of the event.
- Don't make a scene.
- Learn More.